A mother in Mother’s Place

When life beacons its bad beauty
You sworn away yet left you in choices lost.
Tries grasping its beauty; but choices are not for you
For it is your destiny; clings unto hope though with despair overwhelmed.

A car without fuel, laptop with internet disconnected and kitchen with pots unfilled
Welcomes you in the bend that life offers, a turn which awaits long
And through the blue shades you look at sun, it blends but not all rays
Yet accepts you; for this is the choice you made

A ray of hope, a mother in mother’s place;
Thanks to you my benign Aunty Pem
Should you see the cute smile from my kid wearing a nice shirts and pants?
Yet that’s the only gratitude they can offer you, know them well.

My car has fuel to run, used I the half of which you gave
Crackers for my kid’s breakfast; used quarter of what is left
Feasts by them like Oliver Twist in his orphanage
Luring around; I cannot but see them grow


The despair that overwhelms, tempts me to lose my equilibrium
Yet remain silent, for I want to watch them grow
I truly owe you for your support; thank you very much Auu
Yet to write this is the only gratitude I can offer you
But in hopes I believe; because everybody around me lives and so should I

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

APEMS – Assistance for Privately Enrolled Medical Students

Why I think the NC's decision to tobacco act is Right

Iwai English Camp