"The Little Blue Mouse"

Beneath the moon's soft glow, a vision did unfold,
A mouse, not grey, but azure, brave and bold.
It danced across the mended, darkened floor,
With eyes like pearls, it stole my gaze once more.

A whirlwind blue, it scurried to my bed,
Where flat I lay, in slumber's depths instead.
Curled tight, it seemed a demon in disguise,
Panting softly, moonlight in its eyes.

Beside it, bathed in shadows deep and cool,
My black cat slumbered, unaware of the jewel.
With pouncing grace, a hunter's instinct stirred,
Oh, the fragile beauty of the mouse unheard.

Terror sparked, a flight of turquoise wings,
Bones like coral, where the moonlit ocean clings.
A phantom ship emerged from shadows near,
Carrying the mouse away, dispelling fear.

But in the cat's dark eyes, a reflection shone,
The pearl-light glimmer, claiming it his own.
No conscience questioned, nature's call obeyed,
The blue mouse vanished, in the hunt's cascade.

I stirred awake, and gently pushed away
My white sheet, fearing harm where shadows play.
No azure blur, no creature caught or slain,
Only silence echoed, where fear had reigned.

The cat, unmoved, continued its peaceful sleep,
The memory of pearls, a secret kept.
For within my heart, a vow silently made,
My gentle giant's beauty would never fade.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

APEMS – Assistance for Privately Enrolled Medical Students

Why I think the NC's decision to tobacco act is Right

Iwai English Camp