The Journey ( Part II )

Upon our arrival in Bhutan, Phuntsholing greeted us with open arms, beckoning us into a local restaurant where we indulged in a feast of Bhutanese delicacies, a long-awaited treat after a year of absence. The journey's dust made an impromptu visit to the restroom necessary before I could fully enjoy the meal. There, amidst the comforts of home cuisine, we reveled in dishes that spoke of familiarity and nostalgia, far removed from the Alu Parathas that had become our staple abroad.

Our journey took a humorous turn upon reaching Gedu. My friend, known for his reserved nature, unexpectedly disrupted the silence with a loud fart, prompting an exchange of jests between us. His excuse? The fermented curd hadn't sat well with him. Little did I know, my own stomach would soon join this comical rebellion.

Indeed, as we approached Tsimasham, my insides began their own uproarious laughter, compelling us to request an unscheduled stop. I silently prayed for anonymity in my discomfort, unwilling to admit my predicament for fear of losing the upper hand in our ongoing joke. Yet, nature cares little for human pride; my silent contributions to the aromatic ambiance of the bus soon became a source of mistaken accusations, adding an innocent bystander to our tale of digestive misadventures.

The real challenge presented itself when the bus halted for a meal break in Tsimasham. With no appetite but a pressing need for relief, I found myself in a queue outside the sole available restroom, battling internal pressures that threatened to breach defenses at any moment. My friend's revelation of my stealthy discomfort to our fellow passengers, while I stood desperately trying to maintain composure, was both a moment of betrayal and hilarity.

The eventual release, accompanied by the cacophony of nature's call being answered, was met with laughter from my friend in the adjacent stall. Despite my pleas for silence, his amusement was unabated. The ordeal, while providing relief, left me with a resolve to moderate my eating during travels and a wistful longing for the convenience of a two-hour flight, a luxury beyond my current means.

Comments

  1. Seems like a great journey bro! ;D Flying would be just too boring in comparison don't ya think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I didn't know you would be that funny

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

APEMS – Assistance for Privately Enrolled Medical Students

Iwai English Camp

Why I think the NC's decision to tobacco act is Right